For those concerned about Sunday’s weather and safe travel conditions, please consider attending the Walkabouts Friday in Augusta or Saturday in Bangor. The Walkabout in Portland will be held as scheduled regardless of the weather.
All Walkabout sessions will also be live streamed online.
Walkabouts provide an opportunity for clergy and lay members of the Diocese to meet the Nominees, hear their responses to questions and allow them to learn more about our Diocese as well. During the Walkabout sessions, the five Nominees will meet separately with groups of attendees, much like the experience of a Bishop visitation to a Parish. Anyone interested is welcome to attend more than one Walkabout session.
Three Walkabouts will be held:
- Friday, January 18th the Senator Inn, Augusta
284 Western Ave., Augusta
- Saturday, January 19th at Husson College, Bangor
1 College Circle, Bangor
Phone: (207) 941-7000
- Sunday, January 20th at the Westin Hotel, Portland
157 High St, Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 775-5411
Schedule for the three Walkabouts:
- 1:30 p.m. Hospitality and Fellowship
- 2 p.m. Walkabout Sessions Begin
*Please note: in the event of weather prohibiting safe travel, the Walkabout in Portland at the Westin will be held and live-streamed – as scheduled above.
What to expect at the Walkabouts:
Walkabouts provide the opportunity to meet the nominees and hear from them first-hand.
Due to the large number of attendees expected at the Walkabouts, the Transition Committee has arranged for questions to be submitted at the event. If you have a question you’d like to ask, note cards will be available to submit questions for the possibility of being asked during the afternoon sessions.
Attendees will be seated in several breakout rooms; nominees will circulate individually from room to room for each session, allowing attendees to hear their comments and answer questions. Each session will last approximately 25 minutes.
For those unable to attend, or concerned about weather and travel conditions, you may watch live sessions from the Walkabouts at 2 p.m. each day:
- On YouTube: Youtube.com/episcopalmaine
- On Facebook: facebook.com/episcopalmaine
- On Instagram: instagram.com/episcopal_maine
- On Twitter: twitter.com/episcopalmaine
- On this page (videos of each Walkabout will be posted on this page following each session)
- Plan gatherings at your Parish to view the live-streamed Walkabout sessions.
To prepare for these events
- Visit Meet the Nominees for more detailed information on each of the five candidates full resume, bio and responses to essay questions.
- Download and print the Meet the Nominees/Walkabout brochure providing brief overviews of the Nominees: use for your own reference and as bulletin inserts.
- Download and print the Walkabout poster with dates and schedule information: use as bulletin board postings.
- Download and print the Prayer for Transition.